While you are setting up your inventory in Zenoti, you need to raise purchase orders and receive deliveries to get the stock quantities and values. For a retail-heavy business, it can be time-consuming to create-raise-receive orders for all the products.
Zenoti Import Orders is the option for this tedious activity. It allows you to import an Excel (.xls) or CSV file with the vendor code, product code, and the product quantities (retail and professional supply) - the pricing details are picked from Zenoti, if your Admin has defined them. Based on these details, Zenoti generates a purchase order for the vendor and products entered in the import file.
Note: Similar to creating an order, while importing a purchase order, you can enter only ONE vendor but have multiple products that are procured from this vendor.
Import File Format
You can enter the order details in an Excel or CSV file. Its format is as follows,
- Vendor Code: The code defined for the vendor.
- Product Code: The code defined for the product.
- RetailQty: The product quantity procured from a vendor for retail.
- ConsumableQty: The product quantity procured from a vendor for professional supply.
- Use only the Zenoti-supported versions of Excel, from 97 to 2007.
- Enter only ONE VendorCode in the file. The file will not upload if there multiple vendor codes. This is to simulate the way an order is created in the system.
- Do not enter any value (not even 0) in RetailQty or ConsumableQty in case the product is of either type, but not both. For example, if you have a product, let’s say Hair Shampoo, which is only a professional supply (not retail), you will enter a quantity in the ConsumableQty column, but not in the RetailQty column. You cannot enter even zero in this case.
- Format the VendorCode and ProductCode columns as Text to avoid long codes being incorrectly treated by Excel and in turn Zenoti generating an error message for invalid entries.
For example, if a ProductCode is 111100000072, Excel might treat it like 1.111E+11. Refer to the Microsoft article for the same.
- Do not have any spaces or special characters in the code or quantity columns.
Before you begin
- Add products
Add all the products for which you need to import an order. For each product, define details like code, name, type (retail or professional supply), units, unit price, sale price, tax, and other details.
- Add vendors
Add all the vendors and define the vendor code, which will be used while entering order details in the import file.
- Associate the products to at least one vendor.
- Activate the product for the desired center(s).
To import order details and generate an order
- Navigate to Inventory > Procurement > Orders.
The Manage Purchase Orders & Transfers page appears.
2. From the I want to…. drop-down list, select Import Order.
The Import Order page appears.
3. Select Import from the drop-down list.
The Upload button appears.
4. Select the file from your local drive and upload it. You can upload a file upto 3MB.
Note: Ensure that you have the rights to upload the file in Zenoti.
5. Click Load.
Zenoti verifies the details like the vendor and product codes, product type, and vendor-product association, and product availability at the center. If there are no errors, the file is uploaded. However, if there’s an error, it is displayed.
Note: Click Clear to remove the uploaded file and upload another file.
6. Click the Import button.
The order details are imported and an order is created.
The Notes field has a note saying that the order is generated using import.
7. Verify the details. You can also add more products to the order.
8. Click the Save & Raise button to raise the order.
The order is raised.