When you find that the inventory stock levels are falling and will be below the desired level, you must procure products to avoid any stock outs at your center.
To procure products, you can either create a purchase order or use auto-purchase orders to allow Zenoti to create a purchase order for you.
Important: Using one purchase order, you can procure products only from ONE vendor. To procure products from multiple vendors, you must create a separate purchase order for each vendor.
Before you begin, your Admin must ensure the following:
- Enable Admin > Organizations > Security Roles > Inventory Manager > Permissions > Inventory Manager > Inventory > Add for your role, to allow you to create purchase orders.
- Products are added and are made available for your center.
- Vendors are added.
- Vendor-Product association is done for each product.
To create a purchase order for your center
- Ensure that you are the center level.
- Navigate to Inventory > Procurement > Orders.
The Manage Purchase Orders & Transfers page appears.
- From the I want to... drop-down list, select Add Order.
The Create a Purchase Order page appears.
3. From the Vendor drop-down list, select the desired vendor.
The address and contact details of the vendor and your center is displayed.
Note: If you do not find the desired vendor in the Vendor list, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
i. Admin has selected default vendors for your center by using the Admin > Centers > Manager Center > (Your center name) > Inventory > Use default vendors for Purchase Orders setting:
ii. The vendor is not added in Zenoti or it is not made available for your center. Reach out to your Admin to add it for your center.
4. In the Product Name field, enter the product name. As you type, you get suggestions for the product names only if the product is made available for the center and it is associated with the selected vendor.
5. In the Retail Qty and/or Consumable Qty field, enter the stock quantity of the product you want to purchase.
For example, if you enter 20 in the Retail Qty and 30 in the Consumable Qty fields, you will create an order of total quantity 50.
6. Click Add.
The product is added.
Note: After you add the products, you cannot change the vendor details. If you want to purchase it from a different vendor, delete the product entry and repeat steps 3 & 4.
The following details are displayed for each product:
- Product Code: The code defined by the Admin while adding the product in the Manage Products page.
- Vendor Product Part Number: If the product is a part, the vendor has a number for it which is defined in the Admin > Resources > Vendors> Manage Vendors > Products tab.
- Product Name: Name of the product
Example: Lotus Face Gel
- Stock: Current stock count of the product (both retail and consumable)
Note: If this quantity is negative, it indicates that the product is running out of stock. You need to do an audit-reconcile to set the quantities right. Or, you can raise a purchase order or transfer order.
- Last Month Usage: Number of units of the product that was used (retail and consumable) in the previous month
- Last Month Purchase: Number of units of the product (both retail and consumable) that was purchased in the previous month
- Retail Qty: Required quantity of the product for retail
Note: This field is enabled only if the product is a retail product.
- Consumable Qty: Required quantity of the product for consumption
- This field is enabled only if the product is a consumable product.
- Both the fields Retail Qty and Consumable Qty are enabled only if the product is marked as BOTH retail and consumable.
- MRP ($): Maximum retail price or Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price of the product
- Unit Price ($): Vendor-defined price for each unit of the product for the center (from where the purchase order is being raised)
- Discount ($ or %): Discount given by vendor for each unit of the product for the center (from where the purchase order is being raised)
- OnDelivery Price ($): Product Price charged by the vendor. It is usually the same as the unit price unless the vendor decides to give you better pricing. You can change this while receiving the delivery.
- Total Price ($): (Retail Qty + Consumable Qty) x Unit Price
For example, if the Retail Qty is 20 and Consumable Qty is 30 and the unit price is $5, the Total price becomes (20 + 30) x 5 = $250
- Tax: Vendor-defined tax for each unit of the product for the center. If you want to use a different tax, select it from the drop-down list
- Total Tax ($): (Retail Qty + Consumable Qty) x Tax
- Notes: Note for purchasing the product
Note: By default, employees with any role permission can view various prices in a purchase order. You can choose to hide these values for specific roles by selecting the Admin > Organizations > Security Roles > Role Name > Permissions tab > Inventory Manager > Inventory > Hide Price option.
When you select Hide Price option, the Create a Purchase Order page does not display the price fields:
7. (Optional) To add more products, repeat steps 4 to 6.
Note: You can purchase products from only one vendor using one purchase order. To purchase products from different vendors, create a separate order for each vendor.
After you add a product, you can view and modify the following details for the entire purchase order:
- Total Qty: (Retail Qty + Consumable Qty)
- SubTotal: Total purchase order price without applying any tax on each product in the order
- Discount % or $: Total discount on the entire purchase order, excluding any tax applied on individual products
- Shipping & Handling: Shipping and handling cost charged by the vendor
- Total Value: Value after applying discount on SubTotal
- Grand Total: (Total Value + Total Tax)
- Notes: Notes for the purchase order
8. Click Save As Draft.
The purchase order is created with the status Created. In this status, you can continue to add products that you want to procure through this order.
Important: If you want to create and raise a purchase order, click Save & Raise.
Complete the following actions:
- Raise a Purchase Order
- Email Raised Purchase Order to Vendor
- Receive product deliveries in partial or full