To transfer products to a center or receive them from another center, you have to create a transfer order in Zenoti. If you are transferring products to another center, your center becomes the source center. However, if you are receiving products from a warehouse or another center, your center becomes the destination center.
In Zenoti, you can create a transfer order as a source center or destination center from the same page.
Before you begin, the Admin must ensure the following:
- Source and destination centers have the products associated. Navigate to Admin > Resources > Products > Price tab of a product to view the centers to which the products are associated. If a product is not associated with your center, reach out to your Admin.
- Your center is allowed to create transfer orders.
- At Org Level
Select the Enable product transfer between centers setting.
- At Center Level
Do not select the Admin > Centers > Manage Center > Your center name > Settings > Inventory > Cannot Raise transfer setting. If this setting is enabled, you will not see the Add Transfer and Add Transfer (Auto) options in the I want to...drop-down list on the Manage Procurement & Transfers page.
To create a transfer order
- Navigate to Inventory > Procurement > Orders.
The Manage Purchase Orders & Transfers page appears.
- From the I want to… drop-down list, select the Add Transfer option.
The Create a Transfer Order page appears.
- Select a center, source or destination, depending on whether you are creating the transfer order to transfer the products or receive the products. The selected center address is displayed.
- When you select Transfer From, it means that you are creating a transfer order to receive products at your center from the selected center. So, your center becomes the destination center.
- When you select Transfer To, it means that you are creating a transfer order to transfer products from your center to the selected center. So, your center becomes the source center.
Important: If your company has a warehouse, you will see the center’s name on the list.
4. In the Product Name field, enter the product name. As you type, you would get suggestions for the product name only if the product is made available for the center and it is associated with the selected vendor.
Note: If you are unable to find a product, check if it is available for both the centers (source and destination) by navigating to the Admin > Resources > Products > Click the product name > Price tab.
5. Enter the quantity of the product you are transferring or receiving. Based on the type of the product, you will see the Retail Qty textbox or the Consumable Qty textbox, or both the textboxes if the product is for both retail and professional supply. You can enter 0 if you are not transferring or receiving the specific product type (retail or consumable). The total order quantity is (RetaiL Qty + Consumable Qty).
For example, you can enter 20 for Retail Qty and 0 for Consumable Qty. The total order quantity is (20 + 0) = 20
Note: Before adding the products, you can change the center that you have selected in step 3.
6. Click Add.
The product is added.
Note: After you add a product, you cannot change the center selected in step 2.
7. Repeat steps 4 - 6 to add more products.
Important: If a product stock count is 0 and your organization restricts centers to transfer products to another center you to transfer products from your center, you cannot add the product to the order. This is set by disabling the Admin > Organizations > Manage Organizations > Settings > Inventory > Allow product checkout, transfer and conversion when stock is not available setting.
However, if this setting is enabled, you will get a warning to which you can agree and proceed with the transfer.
The following details are displayed for each product:
- Product Code: The code defined by the Admin while adding the product in the Products page. For example,
- Product Name: Name of the product
Example: Lotus Face Gel
- Stock: Current total stock level of the product (both retail and consumable) in your center.
Note: If this quantity is negative, it indicates that the product is running out of stock by the quantity. It could be because of checkout, conversions, and transfers done even on low stock. You need to do a stock count to set the quantities right. Or, raise an order and receive the product.
- Last Month Usage: Number of units of the product that was used (retail and professional supply) in the previous month
- Last Month Purchase: Number of units of the product (both retail and professional supply) that was purchased in the previous month
- Retail Qty: Required quantity of the product for retail
Note: This field is 0 if the product is only a professional supply or you have entered 0 for Retail Qty in step 4.
- Consumable Qty: Required quantity of the product for consumption
Note: This field is 0 if the product is only a retail product or you have entered 0 for Consumable Qty in step 4.
- MRP ($): Maximum retail price or the Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price of the product
- Unit Price ($): Transfer price defined for the source center
If you are transferring the product to another center, this price is the transfer price defined for your center. However, if you are receiving the product from another center, it is the transfer price defined for that center.
- Discount ($ or %): Discount defined by the source center
- OnDelivery Price ($): Product Price charged by the source center. It is usually the same as the unit price unless the center decides to give you better pricing. The destination center can change it while receiving the delivery.
- Total Price ($): (Retail Qty + Consumable Qty) x Unit Price
For example, if the Retail Qty is 20 and Consumable Qty is 30 and the unit price is $5, the Total Price is (20 + 30) x 5 = $250
- Tax: Transfer tax defined for the source center. If you have to use a different tax, select it from the drop-down list
- Total Tax ($): Total tax on the total price
- Notes: Use this field to record any specific details about transferring the product.
8. Click Save As Draft.
The transfer order is created.
Next Step: Raise the Transfer Order