After you have purchased products from a vendor or from the warehouse/corporate office (in case you are a franchise) and you want to use the products for professional supply or sell them to your guests, your staff or your guest complaints that the products are damaged/expired. You can return these products to your vendor using a return order.
Important: You can return products to only ONE vendor using one return order. To return products to multiple vendors, create a separate return order for each vendor.
To create a return order
- Navigate to Inventory > Procurement > Orders.
The Manage Purchase Orders & Transfers page is displayed.
2. From the I want to… drop-down list, select the Add Returns option.
The Return Order page is displayed.
3. Select the vendor to which you want to return the products.
The vendor address and your center address details are displayed.
Important: If you do not see the desired vendor in the list, reach out to your Admin to make it available for your center.
4. Enter the product name. As you type, you would get suggestions for the product names only if the product is made available for the center and it is associated with the selected vendor.
- If you do not find the desired product in the list, reach out to your Admin to make it available for your center and the selected vendor.
- After you add the products, you cannot change the vendor details. If you want to purchase it from a different vendor, delete the product entry and repeat steps 1-4.
5. Enter the return quantities in negative. Enter a quantity for retail, for consumable, or for both depending on whether you want to return retail, consumable, or both types of the product.
6. Click Add.The product is added and the following new fields are added to the form:
- Product Code: The code defined by the Admin while adding the product in the Products page.
- Vendor Product Part Number: If the product is a part, the vendor has a number for it which is defined in the Admin > Resources > Vendors> Manage Vendors > Products tab.
- Product Name: Name of the product
Example: Lotus Face Gel
- Stock: Current stock count of the product (both retail and professional supply)
Note: If this quantity is negative, it indicates that the product is running out of stock. You need to conduct a stock count to know if there is any pilferage. Or, you can procure them from a vendor or from another center.
- Last Month Usage: Number of units of the product that was used (retail and professional supply) in the previous month
- Last Month Purchase: Number of units of the product (both retail and consumable) that was purchased in the previous month
- Retail Qty: Retail product quantity for return
Note: This field has a 0 value, if you are not returning the retail quantity or the product is just a professional supply.
- Consumable Qty: Consumable product quantity for return
Note: This field has a 0 value, if you are not returning the professional supply quantity or the product is just retail product.
- MRP ($): Maximum retail price or Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price of the product
- Unit Price ($): Vendor-defined price for each unit of the product for the center (from where the purchase order is being raised)
- Discount ($ or %): Discount given by vendor for each unit of the product for the center (from where the purchase order is being raised)
- OnDelivery Price ($): Price charged by the vendor for delivery of the product. It is usually the same as the unit price unless the vendor decides to give you better pricing. You can change this while receiving the delivery.
- Total Price ($): (Retail Qty + Consumable Qty) x Unit Price
For example, if the Retail Qty is 20 and Consumable Qty is 30 and the unit price is $5, the Total price becomes (20 + 30) x 5 = $250
- Tax: Vendor-defined tax for each unit of the product for the center. On delivery, if the vendor gives you better pricing, you can edit this tax.
- Total Tax ($): (Retail Qty + Consumable Qty) x Tax
- Notes: Any notes for returning the product
7. (Optional) Add more products to the order.
8. Click Save As Draft.
The return order is created with the status as Created.
When you create a return order, the stock level of the returned products is not affected.
Complete the following steps to submit the return order to the vendor:
- Raise the return order
- Email the return order to the vendor
This is applicable only if email notifications are enabled for your company. If not, you can print the order and send it to your vendor.
For businesses in India: Update Credit Note for Return Orders