At times, a single service may have multiple steps called segments. For example, a hair color service may have segments such as - Color application (Service or Start segment), Color absorption (Processing segment), and Blow-dry (Finish segment). Another service, haircut, may have segments such as Wash (Service of Start segment), Cut (Service segment), and Blow-dry (Finish time).
Notice that both services have Blow-dry as their last segment - and this segment is repeated. You can define Shrink Service Groups for two or more such services with common finish segments to reduce the total duration of the appointment when guests book such services as part of a single appointment.
When you reduce the total duration of appointments in such a manner, providers are available to take up other appointments - this way, you optimize your provider's time.
How to identify services that can belong to the same Shrink Services Group?
To reduce the duration of multiple services, you must first identify your segmented services. Within these, you must identify services with similar finish segments - you can then group such services as Shrink Services.
When guests book such services together, the Appointment Book identifies such groups of Shrink Services and automatically reduces the total duration of the appointment by removing the repetitive finish segment.
Note: This holds true when the front desk books appointments from the Booking Wizard and when guests book appointments via online channels (Webstore V2 and mobile apps).
Before You Begin
- Your administrator must have the Booking Rules (View and Edit) permissions to be able to set up a custom order of services at the organization level (Admin > (Organization) > Security Roles > (Name of the role such as Administrator) > Permissions tab > Administrator section > Booking Rules).
To reduce the duration of multiple services in an appointment
- Ensure that you are at the Organization level.
- Click Admin > Setup > Service Booking Rules.
In the window that opens, you will see the Service Sequence tab by default.
- Click the Shrink Services tab.
- Click Create Shrink Group.
A small pop-up opens.
- Enter the names of the services with similar finish segments that you want to group as Shrink Services.
Refer to the GIF at the end of this section for more.
- [Optional] Enter other Shrink Service Groups, as required.
- Click Save.
When guests book all the services you grouped as Shrink Services, Zenoti automatically reduces the repetitive segment - thereby reducing the duration of the appointment.
Note: Within a Shrink Group, you can add such services in any order. Before reducing the total duration of the appointment, Zenoti checks for the order of services and only then reduces the repetitive segment.
Shrink Service Groups are valid right across centers.
Book an Appointment for Services in a Shrink Services Group
When the front desk books an appointment where both (or all) the services belong to a Shrink Services group, then the total duration of the appointment is reduced by removing the repetitive finish segment.
Note: This applies to appointments guest book from the mobile app too.
For example, a guest books a hair color and haircut in the same appointment. Both these services belong to the same Shrink Services group.
The hair color service takes 1 hour 15 minutes and has these segments - Application - Absorption - Wash - Blow-dry. The haircut takes 1 hour and involves these segments - Wash - Cut - Blow-dry. Normally, the duration of this appointment would be 2 hours 15 minutes.
Notice that the final segment (blow-dry), is common to both the services and needs to be performed only once. Zenoti therefore, reduces the total duration of the appointment by removing this repetitive segment.
If the blow-dry takes 15 minutes and Zenoti removes the common finish segment, the total duration of the appointment goes down to 2 hours. The appointment will then consist of the following segments - Application - Absorption - Wash - Cut - Blow-dry.
The front desk gets a message that the repetitive finishing time segment has been removed.
Note: The front desk can undo this action using the “Click here to undo” option in the alert message.
Points to Remember
- Zenoti reduces the duration of services belonging to a Shrink Services group only when the front desk books via the Booking Wizard, and when guests book via online channels such as the Webstore V2 and mobile apps.
- When the front desk books appointments for services belonging to a Shrink Services group from the Appointment Book (bottom panel) or from the Advanced mode of the Booking Wizard, Zenoti does not reduce the duration of the services. Reduced duration also does not work for Couple, Group, and Bulk bookings.