Google Tag Manager is an E-Marketing tag tool, which adds analytics and audience measurement functionality to your Webstore. Zenoti allows you to add this tool to your Webstore in two steps.
- Step 1 : Generate Google Tag Manager code snippets
- Step 2 : Paste the code snippets in Webstore Analytics setting
Before You Begin
You must have an account setup with both Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager individually.
Note: You can have the same account credentials for both of the tools.
Step 1 : Generate Google Tag Manager Code Snippets
Before we add the Google Tag Manager, we need to generate code snippets from its admin page.
To generate Google Tag Manager code snippets
1. Log in to Google Tag Manager by navigating to its home page.
2. Click Sign in to Tag Manager.
The Login page appears.
3. Sign in with your credentials.
The All Accounts page with the name of your website opens.
4. Click the name of your website.
Google Tag Manager dashboard opens with your tracking id that begins with GTM followed by 7 digit alphanumeric code. For example : GTM-A1B2C34.
5. Click the tracking id.
Install Google Tag Manager window opens.
6. Copy both the codes present in the window (the codes are highlighted in the image below) and paste it in a notepad. You will need them when you are pasting the code snippets in Zenoti Webstore.
Step 2 : Paste the Code Snippets in the Webstore Analytics Settings
We now need to place the code snippets in the Analytics Settings of the Webstore.
To paste the codes in the Webstore
1. Ensure that you are in the Organizational level.
2. Navigate to Admin > Organizations > Organization > Online Booking > Webstore V2 template > Analytics.
The Analytics Settings appears.
3. Turn ON the Enable Ecommerce Transaction Tracking For Google Analytics setting.
4. Paste both the code snippets that you copied in Step 1.
Note: Ensure that there is no space between both the code snippets.
5. Based on your requirement, click one of the following :
- Save As Draft: The settings are saved but are not published.
- Publish: The settings are saved and the changes are published.
- Preview: Check a preview of all the settings in the Webstore.