- Why am I seeing a Bluetooth scan timeout error?
You get the Bluetooth scan time out error if any of the following is true:
a. If the Chipper 2X BT card reader is not connected correctly.
Solution: Turn off the Chipper 2X BT card reader, wait for few seconds, turn it
on, and tap Retry.
b. If the Serial number on the card reader is not matching with the one you
entered in the Terminal Settings.
Solution: Ensure you have entered correct serial number in the
Terminal settings (Serial number will be on the back side of the card
c. If you are trying to connect with more than one iPad at the same time.
Solution: You can connect your Chipper 2X BT card reader to only one iPad
at a time.
d. If the card reader is not able to access your location.
Solution: On the iPad,
i. Go to device Settings of the iPad (not the Settings in Zenoti Mobile) >
Select Zenoti Mobile > tap Location.
ii. For Allow Location Access, select one of the two options: While Using
the App or Always.
2. When taking payments, the screen shows following alert. What should I do?
This alert appears when you select a BBPOS card reader (while taking payments) that is not connected to Zenoti Mobile. When you see this message, you can do any of the following:
- Cancel the alert. From the Collect Payments screen, select the terminal that is connected to Zenoti Mobile and proceed with payment.
- Disconnect the currently connected card reader and connect Zenoti Mobile with the other card reader you are trying to use. To learn how to connect, refer to the article: BBPOS: Connect to a Card Reader.
3. I'm unable to process payments using Chipper 2X BT card reader. Is there a
way to complete payments?
If none of the above solutions to fix the timeout work then, switch to Verifone
card reader to collect payments. From the list of card readers in Zenoti web or
Zenoti Mobile, select Verifone card reader and process the payment. If Verifone
also fails, you can process card payments manually.
4. Can I connect my card reader with another iPad?
You can connect your Chipper 2X BT card reader to only one iPad at a time.
Read the article: Connect to a Card Reader to learn how to connect to a BBPOS
5. How can a guest enter the PIN in BBPOS device?
Guests can swipe the credit cards that do not require PIN to make payments.
BBPOS can process the payments only from the credit cards that do not require
6. Why am I not able to process a debit card payment?
Chipper 2X BT card reader can process debit card payments only if the debit
card allows credit transactions and does not require the guest to enter a PIN.
7. Can we use the BBPOS device when charging the device?
8. The BBPOS device' LED shows blue and red lights sometimes. What do they
Whenever the BBPOS Chipper 2X BT card reader is turned on, the LED located
beside the power button shows the card reader's status.
Refer to the BBPOS Chipper 2X BT User Guide, available in Stripe Docs site.
Note: The external resources to BBPOS device here are being provided for
informational purposes only. Zenoti bears no responsibility for the accuracy,
legality, or the content of the external site or for that of subsequent links.
9. How can I check for updates to the BBPOS device?
You will be notified of the device updates when you connect the BBPOS device to the iPad through the Connected Card Readers screen on the Mobile POS. Additionally, you can see a red badge on the Settings option of Mobile POS and also a red exclamation mark on the Connected Card Readers setting, if there is an updated available for your BBPOS device.
In the Connected Card Readers screen, you will see the name of the terminal along with an Update button. Click Update to download and install the available updates.