You can return payments processed by Vantiv using Zenoti.
Note: Vantiv (also known as Worldpay) has reduced the length of time in which a previous transaction can be refunded via a transaction reversal, from 45 days to 30 days. This means that you have 30 days to do a transaction reversal.
This article covers
- How to return a transaction within 30 days of payment
- How to return a transaction after 30 days of payment
Refund request within 30 days
The new standard would mean that if a guest approaches you for a transaction refund within 30 days of payment, you can process the refund via Zenoti.
- From a Closed Invoice: Learn how to Refund an online credit card payment of a closed invoice.
- From an Open Invoice: Learn how to Refund an online credit card payment of an open invoice
Refund request after 30 days
If a guest approaches you for a refund after 30 days of payment, you can use Vantiv’s website: http://accessmyiq.com/ to process returns and void transactions.
If you have any questions or concerns related to refund process, please call Vantiv’s customer care at 800-846-4472.
Create a custom refund entry in Zenoti
After you have processed the reversal from Vantiv’s site, make a note of the transaction ID. Ensure that you add a custom refund in Zenoti, so that, the refund can be tracked in Zenoti.
Watch the video to learn how to add a custom refund
Here are the steps to make a custom refund entry in Zenoti:
- Open Guest Profile and go to Appointments tab.
- Click Refund icon.
Refund screen appears.
- Select the items to refund and enter the refund amount against each item.
- Click Proceed to Refund.
Payment methods tab in the Refund screen appears.
- Under Amounts to refund section, enter refund amount in the Custom field.
- Click Notes icon to add Vantiv transaction details against the custom payment.
Transaction details window appears.
a. Payment Data: Select appropriate custom payment type.
b. Additional Data: Enter Vantiv Transaction ID.
c. Click Save.
- Click Refund.
Invoice is generated for the custom refund.
- Verify the details and close the invoice.