Appointment Book and Web POS
Price Scaling in the Booking Wizard
If price scaling has been defined for a service and the front desk selects such a service in the Booking Wizard, the minimum price appears in the format From $ <price> (for example, Hair Extension From $100). This is a cue to the front desk that the price of this service may vary based on the provider.
Earlier, this information appeared late in the booking process (Review & Confirm screen) but now, it appears upfront (in the first screen of the Booking Wizard).
Improved Alert Messages when Campaigns or Other Benefits are Applied
Previously, when campaigns or other benefits were applied on an invoice, Zenoti showed a message to indicate that the benefit was applied successfully (for example, “Campaign applied successfully”). However, this message appeared even when the campaign or other benefits could not be applied.
Zenoti now displays success messages only when benefits are applied successfully and failed messages in other cases. The same holds true for alert messages when guests try to redeem membership service credits or package benefits.
Exchange of Products Made Easier
When guests wish to exchange products, the front desk can now simply search for a closed invoice number from the Appointment Book and click Exchange Product from the ‘I want to’ menu. This saves time and effort as the front desk need not go to the Guest Profile and search for the invoice in the Products tab.
When exchanging a product from such an invoice (a closed invoice), the front desk can select only one product to exchange (even if there are multiple products in the invoice). To learn more, read the help article
Allow Loyalty Points Redemption on Gift Cards
With a few settings enabled, Zenoti can now convert loyalty points (say, 5000 points) into an amount gift card, based on the redemption ratio of the guest’s current tier.
To learn more, read the help article.
More Edit Options for Employee Check-In and Checkout Time
Authorized users can do the following from the center level (Employee > Employees> Check In > Add Attendance):
- Delete and add check-ins from this screen
- Edit expected check-in/checkout
- Add checkout time for an already added check-in time
To learn more, read the help article
Include Guest Costs for ‘All Guests’ as a Commission Deduction
If there was a cost involved in getting a guest to your center, such as when a guest comes to you as a result of a marketing event (say, a campaign), you may want to deduct part of the cost of running the campaign from commissions employees earn. Till now, you could deduct such guest costs for new guests. Now, you can choose to deduct such costs for both: All guests and New guests.
Note: The Employee Payroll Details report shows ‘Cost to Center’ and ‘Guest Cost’ in separate columns (when you export the report). To learn more, read the help article
Stock Values of Product Kits and Unbundled Products
Earlier, Zenoti did not show the stock values for kits and unbundled products. Now, Zenoti calculates the stock values of the product kits and individual products (that are unbundled from a kit).
Note: You can view the stock values of the products in reports such as the Inventory Value report.
For product kits:
- If a product kit is procured from a vendor, the stock value of the kit is the average purchase price of the kit (in the past three months) multiplied by the stock count of the kits.
- If the product kits are bundled using existing products, the stock value of the kit is the sum of the average purchase prices of individual products multiplied by the stock count of the kits.
For unbundled products:
- If you unbundle the kits procured from vendors, the stock value of the individual products is calculated by splitting the average purchase price of the kit in the ratio of the sale price of the individual products multiplied by the product quantity.
- For kits that are bundled from existing products, the individual product values calculated by Zenoti during the bundling process is used after kits are unbundled.
Purchase Price Remains Unaffected after Conversion
Earlier, when a product was converted, the purchase price of the product used to become zero. Now, Zenoti transfers the stock values of the products when you convert a retail product to consumable or vice versa. For example, if you are converting a retail product to a consumable, then along with the stock, Zenoti transfers the stock values from retail portion to the consumable portion.
Know When Your Campaign Won't be Sent
When you set up SMS or email campaigns, Zenoti alerts you if there are insufficient credits to send out campaigns. The alert message shows Available credits and Required credits for processing the campaign.
- Available credits: Zenoti considers center or organization credits to show the available credits and whether the center can borrow credits from the organization.
- Required credits: For email campaigns, required credits are the number of guests in the target segment who have opted in for emails and have a valid email address. For SMS campaigns, required credits are the number of guests who have opted in for SMS and have provided a valid phone number with the country code that is the same as the center.
Create Target Segment of Guests with Unused Package Benefits
You can now create a target segment of guests based on unused benefits in a package. Earlier, you had to select the package that has left over balance. Now, you can choose to create a segment of guests who have a balance in any package they have purchased. To learn more, read the help article
New Organization Setting to Show Employee Dashboard
Zenoti introduces a new organization setting to show or hide the dashboard to the user logged into the Zenoti web application. By default, the logged in user (employee) cannot see the dashboard. If your organization prefers, your administrator can enable the dashboard for your employees by selecting the My Dashboard checkbox in the Manage Organization page (Admin > Organization > Organizations > Settings > Employee). To learn more, read the help article
Centers Have Better Control over Feedback Collection
Businesses that need greater autonomy at the franchisee level now have a choice about collecting feedback from the guest. At the center level, navigate to Admin > Organization > Centers > Center Name > Settings > Appointment Book > Collect Feedback and choose one of the following options:
- Use organization default (Enabled): If this option is selected, then the center continues with the organization setting. That is, if the organization setting is set to collect feedback, then it means that the center too will collect feedback from guests and vice versa.
Override at center level: If this option is selected at the center level, it overrides the organization setting. That is, if the organization setting is set to collect feedback, then the center will not collect feedback.
Note: The Guest Profile page continues to show the option to collect feedback from the guest, irrespective of these center level settings. To learn more, read the help article
New Columns in the Product - Profitability Report
The Product - Profitability report now has the following new columns that help you get better insights on your profit margins from product sales.
- Average Cost: Is the average cost of a product in the selected time duration. It is calculated by dividing total cost with quantity.
- Average Sale: Is the average selling price of a product in the selected time duration. It is calculated by dividing total sale with quantity.
- List Price: Is the actual sale price of the product your organization has set up.
Other Minor Enhancements in Administration
- Product Search made easier: You can now search for a product by the code or barcode of the product in the Products page (Admin > Resources > Products) and in the Price Check window (Appointment Book). Additionally, you can search for a product by scanning the barcode.
- Financial Summary Report accounts for restocked products: Financial Summary Report now shows the total cost of products sold after deducting the cost of restocked products that were refunded through various payment methods such as cash or card. Earlier, Product COGS (Cost of Goods Sold) in the Financial Summary report showed the total cost of all products sold. Now, Product COGS shows total cost of products sold after deducting the cost of restocked products that were returned by guests.
- Easily search for employee’s name while tracking Opportunities: Earlier, Zenoti displayed only the base center employee names in the Sales Owner, Issue Owner, and Inventory Owner fields. Now, Zenoti displays the base center employee names and the employees who are on loan to your center, (but whose base center is different) in these fields. With this change, you can easily search for an employee’s name while tracking the Opportunities.
Sales - Opportunities
Opportunities Page Shows Logged-In User’s Opportunities
The Opportunities page (Sales > Tracking > Opportunities) now shows the opportunities assigned to the logged in user instead of all opportunities created in the center.
Initiate a New Opportunity at the Organization Level
Now, you can create an opportunity from the Organization level (Sales > Tracking > Opportunities) too. For businesses with call centers, it becomes easy for a call center executive to quickly create an opportunity at organization level and associate a center to that opportunity. This reduces the need to switch to different centers when creating opportunities (especially through call centers). After an opportunity is created at the organization level, centers can edit them. To learn more, read the help article
Support for Ingenico iSMP4 Device when Using Vantiv Cloud
In addition to Verifone Mx915 and Ingenico iPP320 that Zenoti supports for Vantiv Cloud, we have added Ingenico iSMP4 to our list of supported devices.
The USP of Ingenico iSMP4 is that it can connect to the network using your WiFi and does not need an ethernet cable. To learn more, read the help article.
No Automatic Refund of the Difference in the Invoice and Charged Amount
Assume when using Zenoti Payments with a card reader, while a transaction is under process, the front desk makes changes to the invoice. If the transaction goes through, the guest might be charged a higher amount than the invoice value. In such cases, earlier, Zenoti automatically refunded the entire transaction amount.
This has now changed. Zenoti recognizes these transactions as legitimate transactions and requires the front desk to process the refund on the invoice.
Note: The front desk cannot close the invoice until the invoice amount and the charged amount are the same.
Control whether Employees can View their Dashboards
You can now control whether employees can view the Employee and Payroll Dashboards using the following settings:
- To enable the Employee Dashboard, at the center level, select the Enable Employee Dashboard checkbox (from Admin > Organization > Centers > Center Name > Settings > Zenoti Mobile).
- To enable the Payroll Dashboard, after you select the Employee Dashboard checkbox, select the Payroll Dashboard checkbox.
To learn more, read the help article
Display Service Provider Availability
While booking an appointment online, guests can now seamlessly know the availability of the provider for the whole month from visual cues on the calendar. The calendar shows days on which providers are available in green; days on which there are no slots appear in red (these days are not clickable). To learn more, read the help article
Disable the Search Box for Services
If your organization has fewer services per category or supports only one category of services, you may not need the search box (to search for services). In such cases you can choose to disable the Search box from Admin > Organization > Organizations > Catalog > Simple Template > Enable Search Box. To learn more, read the help article