Zenoti and GDPR Compliance
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation in the European Union (EU) about the protection of personal data of EU residents. The regulation aims to give control of personal data back to the individuals.
To be compliant with the GDPR, Zenoti provides various settings/options that you, as administrators, front desk persons, and guests can use to ensure that privacy rights of guests are protected. These settings are available at the organization level (under Settings > Guests).
Appointment Book and Booking Wizard
Improvements in Reopening Group Invoices
Guests who are part of a group may want to redeem their individual benefits say, from a package or membership when they take services. In such cases, the front desk must apply redemptions on the individual invoice (and not on the group invoice).
The organization level setting, Allow to remove an invoice from group when reopening (Admin > Organizations > Organizations > Settings > Invoice & Receipt) controls the ability of the front desk to remove an invoice from a group invoice. As a result, the front desk can remove the individual invoice (from the group invoice while reopening the group invoice), and apply the redemptions as requested by guests.
Better Visibility for Scaled Prices in the Appointment Book
If price scaling is on for a provider, the Therapist drop-down list shows the scaled price next to the provider’s name in the bottom panel of the Appointment Book.
Flat Value Campaign Discount Applies the Discount to Bundled Products within the Package
While taking a payment, when a guest wants to redeem a campaign that offers flat amount discount, Zenoti applies the discount amount to the bundled products within a package. This ensures that the guest receives full benefit of the campaign.
Enhancements to Zenoti Mobile
- While making a payment from Zenoti Mobile or the mirroring screen, a guest can choose to add a tip to the payment by selecting one of the suggested tips. Previously, these were predefined in Zenoti. Now, you can configure these suggested tips as percentages or flat amounts (Center level > Admin > Center > Settings > Zenoti Mobile). The tips you configure here will reflect in the mirroring screen and Zenoti mobile when the guest makes the payment.
- You can now sell prepaid cards and process prepaid card redemptions from Mobile POS. Prepaid cards are credited with an amount in advance and serve as an alternative to cash payments.
Refunds for Cancelled and Closed Memberships
Earlier, there was no option to refund the memberships that were cancelled or closed. Now, the front desk can refund the memberships that are in Cancelled or Closed status.
Validity Period of Non-Recurring Memberships Begin from the Date of First Redemption
Earlier, the validity period of a non-recurring membership used to begin from the date of purchase of the membership. Now, the validity will begin from the date when guest redeems the non-recurring membership for the first time, irrespective of the purchase date. Note: The end date of a non-recurring membership is adjusted as per the date of first redemption by the guest.
New Rules for Target Segments
Zenoti now has new rules for creating target segments:
- Opportunity Sales Stage: You can create a target segment of prospective customers based on a sales stage. For example, create a target segment of people identified as ‘Prospect’ (Sales Stage marked in Sales Opportunity), and send out a communication to them to kindle their interest in your products or services.
- Opportunity Source: You can create a target segment of prospective customers based on a referral source. For example, create a target segment of guests who came in via Facebook. You can plan a campaign for them on Facebook. You can also go further by filtering the guests who have not booked any consultation and send them unique offers on their first appointment.
- Call Disposition: You can create a target segment of guests based on a call disposition (marked in Sales Opportunity). For example, create a target segment of guests with a disposition say, ‘Interested in Day Packages’ and send out interesting offers to the guests.
- Opportunity Creation Date: You can create a target segment of guests based on creation date of the sale opportunities. For example, you can revitalize even 6 month-old sales opportunities, by sending out interesting offers and discounts to the targeted guests.
- Opportunity Follow-up Date: You can create a target segment of guests based on past or future follow-up dates and roll out attractive offers to them. For opportunities with past follow-up dates, you can send out reminders on existing offers and for the opportunities with future follow-up dates, you can send out offers in the near future.
Allow Loyalty Points Redemptions in Increments
Zenoti now has a new loyalty points redemption setting Enforce redemption of points in increments of that allows your guests to redeem their points only in increments of a number you specify.
For example, if you enforce redemption of points in increments of 250, a guest who has 600 points can only redeem either 250 points or 500 points. Read the help article
Loyalty Points Enhancements in the POS Screen
Earlier, while redeeming loyalty points, you had to select the tier or loyalty program from which points are to be redeemed. Also, there was no easy way to let the guest know from the POS screen the currency value of the accrued points.
Now, you do not have to redeem points from individual tiers or loyalty programs.
In addition to the tiers and loyalty programs, Zenoti now displays the Balance and currency value (total points accrued by the guest and their equivalent currency value from all the tiers or loyalty programs). You only have to enter the points to redeem. When you enter the points to redeem, Zenoti now also shows the points currency value.
Note: You must be aware of the following:
- Points that are due to expire first still continue to be redeemed first.
- You can still choose to select individual tiers or loyalty programs to redeem points from.
- In the redemption screen, for every tier or loyalty program that the guest has accrued points in, apart from the loyalty points, you will see its currency value.
Tip Percentage Calculated on the Base Price for Services and Day Packages
Zenoti now calculates the tip percent (for both, suggested or entered in invoice) on the base price for services and day packages. For example, let’s say that the base price of a service is $100, discount applied is $10, and your guest wants to tip 5%. Now, 5% of $100 (which is $5) is collected as tip.
New Filters Available when Assigning Services to Rooms
Administrators can see two new filters Current Center and All Centers while assigning Services to Rooms (Admin > Resources > Rooms > Name of the room > Services tab). By default, Zenoti applies the Current Center filter and it allows you to view all the services offered at your center. Whereas, the All Centers filter displays all services offered by your organization.
Better Control Over Provider Names in Email and Text Notifications
To protect the identity of your providers, we’ve introduced the new field Employee Notification Name. By default, this field displays the provider’s first and last name, but you can update this to show only first name.
Instead of the provider’s first and last name, the Employee Notification Name will determine what displays in email and text message notifications.
New Role Permission to Control the Transfer of Service Credits
Previously, by default, any employee with access to guest profile was permitted to transfer Package service credits from one guest to another (which was to be used to accommodate a guest request). Now, you can restrict this permission to specific roles using the new Transfer Credits checkbox. It also prevents misuse of the transfer capability.
Selecting a Business Unit for Custom Packages can be Made Mandatory
Administrators can enable a new setting at the organization level to make it mandatory for the front desk to select a business unit when they sell a custom package that is not based on a template. The setting, Business Unit is mandatory when creating custom package not based on template, is available from the organization level > Admin > Organizations > Organizations > Settings > Packages.
Ensure ‘Specific’ Requests for Providers are Recorded
If you enable the new organization level setting, Enable confirmation for therapist request type, while booking an appointment, the front desk is prompted to change the Request type to ‘Specific’ if the Request type is set to Any, Male or Female so as to not miss out on any requests from guests where they requested for a ‘specific’ provider.
This way, your providers do not lose out on commissions and other bonuses that they are entitled to when a guest asks for a ‘specific’ provider.
Dunning settings are settings that administrators configure to collect recurring payments for packages and memberships. With this release, the Dunning settings for packages will apply only to collections made by card payments; while Dunning settings for memberships will apply to collections made by all payment types.