Zenoti enables you to send automated appointment confirmation requests to guests through text messages. The guest can reply to the appointment confirmation message. This ability reduces manual work involved in confirming appointments.
You can choose when the confirmation request should be sent. Typically, the confirmation messages are set to trigger 24 hours before a guest's appointment. You can also customize the confirmation message.
Contact Support to configure this feature for you.
Before you can start using this feature, ensure the following are in place:
- Your account has been configured for this feature: If not yet configured, contact Zenoti Support to enable the feature for you.
- As an administrator, activate text message capabilities for your account: To do this, go to Admin > Organization > Organizations > Settings > General and select the Activate text message (SMS) checkbox.
- Compose appointment reminder and confirmation texts: To do this, go to Admin > Organization > Organizations > Settings > Email/Texts, and click the Edit link for Appointment Reminder or Appointment Confirmation options. The system opens two separate editors for Email and Text Messages(SMS), where you can type the message and insert macros for dynamic content.
Ensure you have text message credits available: To check your balance, go to Admin > Organization > Centers and click the center name. The balance is displayed in the right-side panel. Contact Support to purchase credits.
Note: The appointment reminder and confirmation texts use one SMS credit each.
View Customer Responses
You can track and manage all responses from the appointment book in the Text Message Replies window. This window shows a list of all guests that were sent the text message and the response received from the guests. If your system is set to accept 'Y' as a confirmation, your appointment book will automatically update the appointment block as being confirmed.
You can follow-up on all other replies as well as any guests that did not reply at all from this window.
Example: if a guest responded with "Yes", you should manually update the appointment as confirmed. To do this, click on the appropriate appointment block and click Change Status > Confirm.
To view the replies:
- On the top right hand side of the appointment book, click the View Reply icon. The system opens the Text Message Replies screen.
The following are some of the possible follow up actions depending on the
- If the guest confirms the appointment using an incorrect confirmation text, go ahead and manually confirm the appointment. Click the appointment block, and then click Change Status > Confirm.
- If the guest cancels the appointment, click the appointment block, and then click Change Status > Cancel.