When you add zip as a custom payment, Zenoti displays zip as a custom payment in the POS window. The front desk can then use zip to accept payments.
To add zip as a custom payment agent:
- Ensure that you are at the Organization level.
- Navigate to Admin > Categories > Custom Payments.
The Manage Custom Payments page appears.
- Click Add.
The Custom Payment page appears.
4. Complete the following fields:
Important: You must select Active, Monetary – Financial, and Monetary –
Royalty checkboxes for zip payment.
- Name: Enter a meaningful name for zip (The name for zip custom payment agent can be any name). For example, zip.
- Description: Enter a description for the zip payment.
- Contact Details: Enter the email address, phone number, and complete address of the representative in charge for zip.
- Commission: Enter the percentage of commission that you want to give to employees performing services for guests who pay using zip.
Active: Select this checkbox to allow the zip payment to appear as a payment option in the Point of Sale (POS) window.
Clear the Active checkbox, to deactivate the zip payment and remove it from the list of payment methods in the POS window.
Note: An inactive zip payment method does not impact reports. The reports will still show the details of past payments made using the inactive zip payment type.
Award Loyalty Points: Select this checkbox if you want to award loyalty points for using a zip payment.
Note: By default, loyalty points are awarded for payments made using cash, cards, and checks.
- Collect Additional Data: Select this checkbox if you want to enter additional data while taking payments using the zip payment.
Payment Type: Select the following checkboxes based on your requirement:
Monetary – Financials: By default, zip payments are treated as monetary payments for financials - they are counted in the Sales reports.
Do not clear the checkbox. If you clear checkbox, the zip payment will not appear in the Sales reports.
Monetary – Royalty: By default, zip payments are treated as monetary payments for royalty - they are counted while calculating royalty.
Do not clear the checkbox. If you clear checkbox, the zip payment will not appear in the Royalty - By Sales and Royalty - By Collection reports.
Note: You can still take payments if you don't select the Monetary Financials and Monetary Royalty checkboxes. However, the payments taken using this payment method will not appear in the Collection reports. Therefore, we recommend that you always select the Monetary Financials and Monetary Royalty checkboxes.
5. Click Finish.
The zip payment is added to the Collect Payment screen.