Using a Purchase Order, you can procure new stock from external vendors or from a center that acts as a vendor and the center supplies the stock to other centers under your organization.
Example: You are short of 20 bottles of Mango Face Scrub for consumable and retail use. To procure them, you must submit a purchase order to your vendor.
After you receive the stock, you must mark the purchase order as partially delivered or fully delivered based on the quantity you have received. For every partial or full delivery, Zenoti updates the current stock automatically.
Before You Begin
Ensure that you have setup the following:
To raise a purchase order
- Navigate to Inventory > Procurement > Orders.
The Manage Procurement page appears.
- In the I want to drop-down list, select Add Order.
The Create a Purchase Order page appears with details such as vendors
information, product name, product type (retail, consumable or both), discounts,
taxes, and shipping details.
3. From the Vendor Info drop-down list, select the vendor.
- If you do not find the required vendor in Vendor Info list, you must first
create the vendor.
- Once you add the products, you cannot change the vendor details.
4. In the Product Name field, scan the barcode of the product or enter the product
For example, if you scan the barcode of Green Tea Shampoo, the product
name appears in the Product field.
5. In the Retail Qty and/or Consumable Qty field, enter stock quantity of the
product you want to purchase.
For example, if you enter 20 in the Retail Qty and 30 in the Consumable Qty
fields, your vendor will deliver a total of 50 products.
6. Click Add.
The product is added and the details such as MRP, Unit Price, Discount, and On
Delivery Price automatically appear based on product’s configuration in Admin.
Note: By default, employees with any role permission can view the values in the
MRP, Discount, On Delivery Price, Total Price, Tax, and Total Tax fields. You can
choose to hide these values for specific roles by selecting the Hide Price option
at the organization level (Admin > Organizations > Security Roles > Role Name >
Permissions tab > Inventory Manager > Inventory).
When you select Hide Price option, the number of columns visible on the Create
a Purchase Order page are fewer as shown in the following screenshot:
7. (Optional) To add more products, repeat Steps 4 to 6.
8. In the Tax field, select applicable tax type for each of the products.
9. (Optional) Complete the fields such as Shipping and Handling charges, Invoice#,
and Shipment details.
10. (Optional) If you want to delete a product from the purchase list, click the 'X' icon.
11. (Optional) Click Save as Draft.
The purchase order is created with the status Created. In the Created status, you
can continue to add products that you want to procure through this order.
Example: Let’s say you are short of 50 bottles of Citrus Face Pack and 25 bottles
of Peach Face Scrub. You create a purchase order and add 50 bottles of Citrus
Face Pack and save the purchase order. The purchase order is created and is in
the status Created. Later, you can open the same purchase order and add 25
bottles of Peach Face Scrub.
12. Click Save & Raise.
The purchase order is submitted to the vendor with the status Raised.In the
Raised status, you can mark the purchase order as partially delivered or
fully delivered based on the quantity you receive from the vendor.
- For every partial or full delivery, Zenoti updates the current stock automatically.
- Generally, Inventory Manager and a Manager has permissions to edit/save a
purchase order. An employee must be assigned at least one of these two roles
to edit/save a purchase order.
Learn about different statuses a purchase order can have: List of Statuses for an Order.