Scenario 1: Guest prefers not to use credits in this visit (Remove the service credits)
Sometimes, guest may prefer to pay for the service instead of using up service credits.
Example: John is a primary member and he added his friend Marie as add-on member so that she can get member pricing for services. Marie used a service offered as a membership benefit but preferred to use just the discount and not the service credits. In such a scenario, remove the redemption so that service would be discounted.
To remove service credits from the invoice:
- Click Remove (link below the membership guidance text). Zenoti removes the membership service credit and shows the list price of of the service.
- Proceed to the Collect Payment section and click Add Payment.
- Close the invoice using one of the following options: Close and Print option (Zenoti closes the invoice and generates a print preview of the invoice) or Close and Email option (Zenoti sends out an email to the registered email address of the guest provided the guest has not unsubscribed from our notifications).
Scenario 2: Guest wants to use the credits partially (Change the service credits)
Sometimes, guests might prefer to use only few service credits in this visit, and pay the balance amount by cash, check, custom mode, or card.
Important: Options for partial credits such as 0.25, 0.5, and 0.75 are available only when your Administrator has selected ‘Enable partial redemption using service credits’ checkbox in the Organization-level Membership settings (Select Organization level and go to Admin > Organization > Organizations > Settings tab > Memberships toggle).
Example: Assume that the guest has ‘Balinese Massage Best Bet’ membership that offers one '30-min Balinese Massage' as a service credit. The guest has taken a '30-min Balinese Massage' but, would like to use only 50% of the service credit offered by the membership and pay the balance price.
To apply partial credits to the invoice:
1. Click Change (below the membership guidance text) in the invoice.
The Service Credits box appears.
2. Select the proportion of credit the guest would like to use from the Service Credits drop-down list. (As per our example above, select 0.5 to mean 50% of the credits).
3. Click Apply.
As per our example above, 50% of the price of the
massage comes to $37.5. Zenoti deducts $37.5 from
the invoice and shows the Final Price of the service.
A guidance text below the service name in the invoice,
explains the applied service credit.
4. Under Collect Payment section, select the preferred payment option.
5. Click Add Payment.
6. Close the invoice using one of the following options: Close and Print option (Zenoti closes the invoice and generates a print preview of the invoice) or Close and Email option (Zenoti sends out an email to the registered email address of the guest).
Scenario 3: A guest with a membership is also eligible for a discount from a campaign
Guests can get the double benefit of using service credits offered by a membership and also any other discount they are eligible for, from a campaign.
Example: Assume a guest has taken a ‘120 min-Balinese massage’. While generating the invoice, guest prefers to use two ‘30 min-Balinese massage’ service credits offered by a membership. The guest shows a discount offer received from an SMS/Email campaign and requests you to apply the discount too. In this case, you can pass on both the benefits to the guest.
To apply double benefits of a discount and service credits to an invoice:
- In the Invoice page, ensure that the service credits from the membership are already applied to the service. If not, manually apply the membership.
- Select a campaign from the Campaign drop-down list.
- Click the Go icon.
The discount from the campaign is applied on the price, after service credits are applied.
- Under Collect Payment section, select the preferred payment option.
- Click Add Payment.
- Close the invoice using one of the following options: Close and Print option or Close and Email option.