After you have exported your QuickBooks report from Zenoti, you can import the report into QuickBooks. The QuickBooks report contains the following:
- Guest Details
- Invoice Details
- Payment Details
Before you Begin
- The import steps of this article assume that you have an instance of the TransactionPro Importer on your computer or have an online TransactionPro Importer account.
- All the screenshots in this article are of TransactionPro Online.
If you use the new app of TransactionPro Online or Desktop version, you might find the screens of TransactionPro to be a bit different than the ones shown in this article. However, the procedure to import, more or less remains the same.
To import data into QuickBooks using TransactionPro (Desktop or Online)
1. Launch TransactionPro Importer (Desktop or Online).
2. From the Select a File to Upload screen, do the following:
- Click Select File and select the QuickBooks report you exported from Zenoti.
- Click Upload File.
The file is uploaded and the Select a Sheet section appears.
3. From the Select a Sheet drop-down list, select one of the following sheets:
Customers $ - This sheet contains your guest details.
Note: You must import this sheet first.
Invoices $ - This sheet contains your invoice details.
Note: You must import this sheet only after you have finished importing the Customers $ sheet.
Receive-Payments $ - This sheet contains your payment details.
Note: You must import this sheet only after you have finished importing the Customers $ and Invoices $ sheets.
Important: You can import only one sheet at a time and you must import the sheets only in the order mentioned above.
Example: If you have finished importing the Customers $, you must next import the Invoices $ sheet and not the Receive-Payments $.
The Worksheet is selected and Select Import Type section appears.
4. Based on your selection in Step 3, select one of the following import types:
- Customers - Select this if you have selected Customers $ in Step 3
- Invoices - Select this if you have selected Invoices $ in Step 3
- Receive Payments- Select this if you have selected Receive-Payments $ in Step 3
The Field Mapping section opens.
5. Review the QuickBooks fields and the import column names and make
changes (if required).
Note: You can use the field mappings article as a reference to see that the
mappings are accurate.
Important: While the import automatically adds the import column names, you are
required to manually map the mandatory column names (names marked with an
The following image is of the field mappings of Customers (Customers $ sheet
(Step 3) and Customers Import Type (Step 4)):
6. Select the data to be imported into QuickBooks and finally click Import.
The data is imported into QuickBooks.
7. Repeat steps 3 to 6 and ensure you have completed importing the following sheets:
- Customers $
- Invoices $
- Receive-Payments $
- Step 3: Verify the import in QuickBooks