You can configure various organization-level settings to control how packages are configured and sold within your organization.
To configure organization-level settings for packages:
- Ensure that you are at the organization level.
- Click Admin > Organization > Organizations > Settings tab > Packages section and Invoice and Receipts section.
- Select or specify your entries based on your requirements for packages as listed in the following section.
- Click Save.
Organizational Level Settings
- Enable redemptions on open package: Select this option if you want guests to be able to make partial payments towards packages and redeem package benefits. At any point in time, the guest can redeem services up to the amount they have paid for.
- Enable package redemption at the time of appointment booking: Select this option if you want guests to be able to redeem package benefits only when they book appointments for the corresponding services.
- Enable package freeze: Select this option to freeze a package when you notice that guests have not redeemed package benefits for a long period of time.
This option helps extend the validity period of the package when guests are unable to redeem benefits due to long periods of travel or due to unavailability due to personal reasons.
Specify when to freeze a package using the option Freeze packages when guests are inactive for <number> of months.
- When creating custom packages: Controls whether the front desk must use a template to sell custom packages or not. Select from the following options:
Template selection is mandatory: If you select this option, the front desk can only sell services and products that belong to a particular template.
You can further specify if you want to Load services from template by default and if you want to Load products from template by default. If you select these two options, when the front desk creates a custom package based on a template, Zenoti loads the corresponding services and products automatically.
Template selection is optional: If you select this option, the front desk can choose whether they want to use a template to sell custom packages or not.
When template is selected: If the front desk chooses a template, Zenoti loads all services and products that belong to the template automatically. The front desk can pick and choose services and products as required by the guest or can add other services and products (that don't belong to the template) too.
When template is not selected: If the front desk does not choose a template, the front desk can search for any service or product to add to the custom package.
Business unit is madatory when creating custom package not based on template: If you select this checkbox, Zenoti ensures that the front desk selects a Business Unit when they create a custom package not based on a template.
Transfer benefits of package not based on template: Select the Enable transfer of service credits checkbox if you want guests with such packages to transfer service credits to family and friends.
Schedule payments for packages not based on template: Select the Enable scheduled billing for packages not based on template checkbox if you want to set up schedules or installments for guests who buy these packages. You can further specify the number of installments, the payment frequency, and specify when the first payment must be made.
- When scheduling package payments: Controls whether you want to necessarily have the guest's credit card on file when you set up schedules or installments for guests who buy packages by making partial payments. Select the Card on file is mandatory or Card on file is optional, as appropriate.
- Edit Package Payment Schedules from POS: Controls whether the front desk can make changes to payment schedules of guests who have already purchased custom packages. They can change the date of payment, the amount to be paid, and the card used for payment.
Note: Zenoti recalculates the schedule details based on any changes the front desk makes such as balance amounts and next payment date.
You can select from the following options:
Allow: The front desk can make changes to the payment schedules of guests. The front desk does not need any additional permissions to make changes to payment schedules.
Allow with authorization: The front desk can make changes to the payment schedules of guests, but Zenoti prompts them to enter their credentials - only authorized users can make changes to payment schedules.
Required permissions: The front desk will need the following permission: Edit_PaymentSchedulePOS (organization level > Admin > Organizations > Security Roles > Name of the role > Administrator > Packages).
Block: The front desk cannot make changes to the payment schedules of guests even if they have the Edit_PaymentSchedulePOS permission (organization level > Admin > Organizations > Security Roles > Name of the role > Administrator > Packages).
In addition, you can find the setting, Block cross center refund for Packages, to block cross-center redemptions from Admin > Organization > Organizations > Settings tab > Invoice and Receipt section.