To manage bookings efficiently, your front desk must know the availability of providers at all times. When providers are unavailable due to any reason such as lunch, training, or break, you can use Block Out Time Types to show their unavailability on the Appointment Book.
Zenoti has six default block out times types including:
- Leaving early
- Personal time
- Running late
An administrator can color code these Block Out Time Types, mark them as Bookable, and create new Block Out Time Types to suit your organization’s needs. This way, with a single glance at the Appointment Book the front desk not only know when a provider is away but also why the provider is away.
Important: Any block out time type or busy time you want to show, must begin after Center Start Time and must end before Center End Time.
For example, if your center opens at 9 am and closes at 7 pm, you cannot add a block out time before the center opens - that is, say 8 am to 8.30 am (before the center opens) or for 7:15 pm to 7: 45 pm (after the center closes). Learn more about setting up a center's business hours. Only center managers or administrators have permissions to edit a center's business hours.
To block out time for providers on the Appointment Book:
There are two methods to mark block out time for providers.
- Click a blank space against a provider on the Appointment Book.
Zenoti marks this as the Start time for the block out time.
- Point to Block Out Time from the context menu and select a Block Out Time Type such as Lunch, Leaving Early, Personal Time.
The Appointment Book refreshes showing the blocked out time slot.
Tip: To modify the time, hover your mouse on the right of the blocked slot till you see a double arrow and drag the block to the right or left to increase or decrease the blocked slot.
- Click and drag your mouse across a time period against a provider on the Appointment Book.
The Block Out Time window appears.
2. Select a Block Out Time Type such as Lunch, Leaving Early, Personal Time.
3. Select Start time to specify when the Block Out Time should start.
4. Select the Duration for the Block Out Time. Zenoti automatically updates the End time based on the Duration you enter.
5. Enter Notes, if any.
The notes you enter appear in a small pop-up box when you hover your mouse on the block in the Appointment Book.
6. Select Repeat if you want the Block Out Time to repeat.
Zenoti presents more options for you to set a schedule such that the Block Out Time repeats on a Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly basis. You can also specify when you want to start scheduling these repeated Block Out Time slots.
7. Click Save.
Zenoti saves the block out time for the provider.
Delete a Block Out Time
To delete a block out time, click the block and select Delete Block Out Time from the context menu.
Impact of Marking a Block Out Time as Bookable
Zenoti accommodates guest appointments on priority if they clash with any Block Out Time as long as the administrator has selected the checkbox Bookable for the Block Out Time Type.
- The administrator has selected the checkbox Bookable for Block Out Time Types - Lunch, Break, and Personal Time.
- On a given date, Provider A appears on the Appointment Book as being on Personal Time off from 10 A.M. to 11 A.M.
- A guest requests an appointment with Provider A at the same time (10 A.M. to 10.30 A.M.).
In such a case, Zenoti accommodates the guest request for an appointment on priority to ensure optimal use of provider's time (employee utilization) and for obvious business reasons.
Note that all channels from where guests may request appointments such as the Appointment Book (bottom panel), the Booking Wizard, the Webstore, and the Mobile App give priority to the guest appointment request in case there is a clash with a Block Out Time.