When processing offline credit card transactions in Zenoti, you can use multiple card swiping machines, and record the machine used to charge the customer using the Terminal drop-down.
This information would be helpful if you are analyzing credit card transaction fees based on the card issuing bank and terminal used. For example, when a Citibank card is charged using a Union Bank terminal, you may incur 2% transaction fee. However, 3% transaction fee will be applied when using a different terminal provided by Standard Bank.
Terminal names are displayed in a drop-down box in the POS when the credit/debit card option is chosen.
If you want to add a new terminal name to the drop down box, you will first have to add it at the center level.
To Add a Terminal Name
Note: Only a staff member with the permission to Add or Edit a terminal will be able to view the Terminal option in the Admin setup menu option.
- Ensure that you are at the center level.
- Navigate to Admin > Setup > Terminals.
3. Click Add at the top-right corner of the page to add a new terminal or click a
Terminal name to edit its details.
4. Enter or edit the following information:
- In the Terminals Name field, enter a terminal name.
- In the Description field, enter a description for the terminal.
- Click Save.
The Terminal details are saved and will appear in the drop-down in the POS when the credit/debit card payment option is chosen.