By default, Zenoti's payroll periods are set to calculate payroll on the first of every month. You can, however, customize your payroll periods. For example, some common pay periods include:
- Weekly: Pay period starts every Monday of the week or even a specific 7-day interval until the end of the month
- Bi-weekly: Pay period starts every other Monday or on the 1st of the month.
- Monthly: Pay period starts at he start of every month; you can even specify the date on which you want to start the month.
To customize your payroll periods:
In this example, we define a pay period for every Monday in the year.
- Ensure that you are at the Center level.
- Navigate to Employee > Settings > Pay Period.
- In the list of Payroll Periods, click the X button to delete any default pay periods.
Note: The monthly pay period is the default in Zenoti.
- In the Pay Frequency drop-down, select Custom (or the appropriate pay frequency for your business).
- Select the Custom frequency radio button.
- In the Create pay period(s) starting on option, enter a date which is the first Monday you wish to start the pay cycle. For example, if you are defining pay periods for all of 2017, enter Jan 2nd as it’s the first Monday of the year.
- In the frequency option, enter 7.
- In the ending on option, enter the last day of the pay cycle.
In our example, to define pay periods for the entire year, we select Dec 31st as it is the last day of the year.
- Click Add.
Zenoti adds all the pay periods.
To generate the payroll, you need to run the Employee Payroll Summary Report.