You can configure Zenoti such that all employees earn a flat amount or a percentage as commission on selling a non-scheduled series package.
Zenoti first considers the configurations at the item level (in this case, the Package level). If there are no commission-related configurations at the item (Package) level, then Zenoti looks at the employee and job levels for commission-related configurations and then awards commissions accordingly. Learn more: Employee Commissions - Levels of Configuration and Impacts
This article covers the following sections:
- Before You Begin
- Configure Commissions for Series Packages based on a flat amount and percentage of sales amount
- Worked Example and Impact on Employee Reports
Before You Begin
- Ensure that your administrator has created series packages. Learn more: Set Up Day, Series, or Promo Packages
To configure commissions for series packages based on a flat amount or a percentage of sale amount:
- Ensure that you are at the organization level.
- Click Admin > Resources > Packages.
- Click Add if you want to create the series package and then follow the steps to set up a Series package.
Search for the series package and click the name of the series package.
The commission-related settings appear in the General tab.
- In the General tab, for Commissions option, select Yes.
- For Commission Adjustment, specify a number in percentage.
Example: If you specify 50% here, it means employees will get half the amount of commission. Similarly, if you specify 100%, it means employees will get the full amount, and 200% means, employees will get double the amount of commission. Note: You can leave the field blank to indicate that you do not wish to make any changes to the commission amount that is due (which means, you are saying you want 100% Commission Adjustment).
- For Commission Type, select Flat amount.
Enter the flat amount you wish to give as commission.
Example: If you specify 10 here, it means employees earn $10 as commission each time they sell a series package. This assumes you have specified 100% in the Commission Adjustment field or have left the Commission Adjustment field blank.
For Commission Type, select Percentage.
Enter the percentage amount you wish to give as commission.
Example: If you specify 10% here, it means employees earn 10% of sales price or revenue as commission each time they sell a series package. If the cost of the series package is $300, then the employee earns $30 (10% of 300) as commission. This assumes you have specified 100% in the Commission Adjustment field or have left the Commission Adjustment field blank.
- Click Next.
- Enter or select details for Services, Products, Discounts, Centers (includes details for Sale price and centers where the series package is available for sale), Forms, and Catalog.
- Click Finish.
Worked Example and Impact on Employee Reports
For a flat amount:
- Cost of the series package: This is irrelevant - it can be anything
- Commission for selling the series package is a flat amount: $20
- Commission Adjustment: 100%
- Commission earned by employee once the guest makes the full payment (invoice is closed) is $20
For a percentage of sales price or revenue:
- Cost of the series package: $300
- Commission for selling the series package is a percentage: 20%
- Commission Adjustment: 100%
- Commission earned by the employee once the guest makes the full payment (invoice is closed) is $60 (20% of 300)
The Employee Payroll Summary Report, Employee Payroll Details Report, and Employee Commissions Report display details of this commission.
Best Practice: To view all the columns of the report, always export these reports - the UI shows fewer columns.
Tip: To view accurate commission-related figures, always generate the Employee Payroll Summary Report first and then generate the Employee Commission Report.