In busy centers, it is important to secure employee user accounts, especially those at the front desk. It becomes even more important for Zenoti to handle any attempts to gain access by fraudulent means. To deter any such attempts at fraud, you can lock employee accounts after a predefined number of consecutively failed login attempts.
To lock the employee profile after failed login attempts:
- Ensure that you are at the organizational level.
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > Organizations > Settings > General.
- Select the checkbox, Enable employee account locking after __ number of failed login attempts.
- Enter a number.
For example: If you enter 3 in this field, it means that Zenoti will lock the employee account after three failed login attempts.
- Click Save.
After a failed attempt at login, Zenoti shows an alert message telling the user the number of login attempts that remain.
Zenoti will lock the employee account after the number of failed login attempts you specify.
The employee cannot gain access to her profile even with valid credentials. Important: The employee can continue to use the Reset password and the Forgot login options to reset her password.
Note: If the setting, Enable employee account locking after x number of failed login attempts is On, and later a business owner or administrator, turns Off this setting then, all employees whose account was locked will remain locked.
Unlock an Employee Profile
After an employee profile is locked, it can be unlocked using any one of the following options:
- Option 1: Employee uses the Reset password and the Forgot login options to reset her password.
- Option 2: An authorized person can unlock the employee profile using the Unlock icon in the Edit employee profile page.
Note: Users with the Edit permission on General Settings (Organization > Security Roles > Name of security role > Employee Manager > General Settings) can unlock employee profiles.
After the profile is unlocked, and the employee logs in successfully with her new credentials, she can continue to access her Zenoti account as usual.