As part of entering general information for a new employee, you need to enter personal information.
Follow these guidelines to enter personal information:
Employee Code: Enter the unique identifier for the employee. If you enter an employee code that already exists, the application alerts you about the same and prompts you to enter a unique Employee Code.
Important: Usually, organizations with a large number of employees choose to auto-generate the employee code. To do this, ensure that the setting Auto generate employee code is set to Yes from Admin > Organization> Organizations > Settings > Employee section. You will need to enter the Emp Code Start Number so that the application can continue to generate employee codes automatically and sequentially thereafter. Note that if you choose to auto-generate employee code in this manner, the employee code is purely numeric (it cannot be alphanumeric).
- First Name: Enter the first name of the employee. This is a mandatory field.Middle Name Enter the middle name of the employee.
- Last Name: Enter the last name of the employee. This is a mandatory field.
- Nickname: Enter a nickname for the employee.
- Name (Appointment emails/messages): Update the name as required. To protect an employee’s identity, you can modify the name in this field. The name that you enter here for the employee, appears in the appointment emails and messages.
- Email: Enter the email address of the employee. Zenoti uses this email address to send Daily Reports to this employee if the employee has the required role permissions. Also, settings for Daily Reports must be enabled. This is not a mandatory field but the email address needs to be unique. The application shows an alert if you enter an email address that is a duplicate.
- Mobile Phone: Enter the mobile phone number of the employee. Zenoti uses this number to send the day closing SMS to the employee if the employee has the Owner role. This is useful if you need to reach the employee for any administrative or work-related clarifications. Legally too, employers are required to maintain accurate employee contact details.
- Home Phone: Enter the home phone number of the employee. This is useful if you need to reach the employee's family in case of any emergency. Legally too, employers are required to maintain accurate employee contact details.
- Work Phone: Enter the work phone number of the employee. This information is useful to provide to vendors who extend essential services to you such as the bank where employee salary accounts are maintained.
- Gender: Enter the gender of the employee.
Birthday: Specify the birthday of the employee. You can use this to enhance employee engagement programs within your organization.
Example: You can have a cake-cutting celebration, offer surprise gifts, or gift vouchers from restaurants or other stores to the employee. Such gestures go a long way in employee retention.
- Anniversary: Specify the anniversary of the employee. You can use this to enhance employee engagement programs within your organization to make the employee feel valued. Example: You can offer surprise gifts or gift vouchers from restaurants or other stores to the employee. Such gestures go a long way in employee retention.
Center: Select the base Center of the employee. This is the center in which the employee comes in every day to work.
Note: At times, an employee may be sent to other centers on deputation. This is like a temporary transfer to other locations to meet with demands of a peak season. In such cases, employee schedules are usually tracked in the new center. Important: The base Center processes payroll either only on the basis of invoices generated at the base Center or on the basis of all the centers. An Organization level setting controls how payroll is calculated: Org Level > Admin > Settings > Employee > Consider other center invoices.