Businesses bring in cash everyday, to make payments for smaller purchases, to pay out to your employees, or to pay cash to guests. Zenoti enables you to add such cash brought into the business that day, to the Register (See the article on how to Add Cash to a Register).
From the cash added to the register, you can pay tips, SSG or any other payment to your employees or you can transfer cash to other registers depending on need such as to refill cash or move surplus.
To pay out cash to an employee:
1. Open Appointment Book.
2. Click an open slot and select Manage Register > Manage Cash from the context
Note: The name 'Manage Register' in the context menu, is as per the name given
while creating the register.
For example, if you have multiple registers in your center and you have logged
into the register by name: ‘Front Office Register’ then the menu appears as
'Manage Front Office Register'.
3. Click Pay Out Cash.
4. In the Manage Cash window, enter the following details:
Employee: Type in an employee name or employee code and select from the list of suggestions shown to you.
Note: You can payout to the providers working in your center or to the providers working on deputation at your center.
Today’s Tips (appears only after selecting an employee): Shows the total tips earned by the employee today.
Note: The amount shown for Today’s tips matches with the amount shown in Today’s Tips report for the selected employee.
Paid out today: Shows the total amount paid out to the employee today from this register.Note: ‘Paid out today’ amount helps you realize if the employee was already paid out for the said service and how much was paid till now today.
- Amount: Enter the cash amount you want to pay out.
Notes: Enter additional details about the payout transaction.
Example: If you have paid out a tip of $20 to Ziri Fanai then, make a 'Cash Payout' entry on Ziri Fanai's name for $20 and enter 'Paid Ziri $20 towards tip’ in the Notes section.
- Click OK.
Zenoti shows a confirmation message: 'Payout recorded successfully'.
You can do any of the following after completing the transaction: Make another ‘Cash Payout’ entry, click Back to go back to the list view, or close the window by clicking X to the top right corner of the pop-up window.
You can see the list of cash transactions made today and the time at which the transaction was made in the register. Cash paid out is shown as a negative value to indicate the debit from the register.
To transfer cash to another register:
1. In the Manage Cash window, click Transfer Cash.
2. In the Manage Cash window, enter the following information:
- Register: From the drop-down list, select a register to which you want to the transfer cash.
- Amount: Enter the amount you would want to transfer to the register.
- Notes: Enter additional details about the transfer. For example, if you are asked to transfer $200 to Register 1 as it has a cash deficit then, make a 'Register transfer' entry to Register 1, for an amount of $200 and add a note 'Register 1 has cash deficit; Transferring 200$'.
- Click OK.
Zenoti shows a confirmation message: 'Transfer recorded successfully'.
You can do any of the following after completing the transaction: You can make another ‘Cash Transfer’ entry, click Back to go back to the list view, or close the window by clicking X to the top right corner of the pop-up window.
You can see the list of cash transactions made today and the time at which the transaction was made in the register. Transferred Cash is shown as a negative value to indicate the debit from the register. The amount transferred is shown as a negative value to indicate the debit from the register.
Delete a Cash Payout or Transfer Entry
If you have made incorrect cash payout or transfer entries in the register then, you can delete them by clicking the delete icon.
- You can delete a cash entry as long as the register is open.
- Ensure that you do not pay out or transfer any cash manually, corresponding to the deleted entry. Else, cash calculations cannot be reconciled at the end of day.
Unable to transfer or pay out cash from a register?
You should meet the following conditions to be able to transfer or pay out cash from a register.
1. Who can pay out or transfer cash: Users can pay out or transfer cash from a
register if their security role has respective settings: Payout Cash and Transfer
Note: You can find these permissions under Organization level > Security Roles >
Select a Role > Permissions tab > Expand Administrator section > Cash
Management > Payout Cash and Transfer Cash checkboxes should be selected.
2. Supported scheduler versions to payout or transfer cash to register: Payout or
Transfer Cash to a Register is supported in scheduler versions: V2 and V3. Center
managers must contact Zenoti Support to change their scheduler version to use
3. Check for the Organization setting: If the setting "Block taking payments if
register is not closed the previous day" is enabled, then, you will not be able to
transfer or pay out cash for the current day until the previous day’s register is
closed. Close the previous day’s register and then pay out or transfer the cash for
the current day.
Note: You can find the setting “Block taking payments if register is not closed the
previous day” under Organization level > Admin > Organization > Organizations >
Settings > Invoice and Receipt > Invoice Settings.
Unable to delete a paid out cash or a transferred cash entry from the list view?
1. Who can delete a paid out or transferred Cash Entry: Users with role permissions
enabled for ‘Payout Cash’ can delete only 'Cash Payout' entries and users with
role permissions enabled for 'Transfer Cash' can delete only cash transfer entries
from the list view. Note: Users with ability to 'Add Cash', 'Payout Cash', and
'Transfer Cash' can delete the corresponding entries in the register.
2. Register closed: If the register is closed for the day, you will not be able to delete the cash entry from the register.
When you close the register for the day, the Close Payments screen shows the total cash paid out and transferred between last register closure and now.
The Cash Total calculated and shown in the Close Payments screen = (Cash Collected + Cash Added) - (Cash Paid Out + Cash Transferred + To Petty Cash).
Cash in Register shows the ‘added cash’, 'paid out cash', and 'transferred cash', along with petty cash and cash collections for the day.
The Closing balance also reflects the cash transactions made in the register (cash added, paid out, and transferred).
You can reconcile and close the register for the day as usual.
Register Closure Email
The email sent after closing the register for the day shows the total cash paid out and transferred on that day.