Businesses bring in cash everyday, to make payments for smaller purchases, to pay tips to employees in cash, or to pay cash to guests. Zenoti enables you to add such cash brought into the business that day, to the Register. The cash added will be tracked as business cash in Zenoti and will reflect in Register Closure report, and email.
To Add Cash
1. Go to Appointments in the main menu.
The Appointment Book appears.
2. On the Appointment Book, click an open slot and select Manage Cash Register >
Manage Cash from the context menu. Manage Cash window appears showing
the list of cash entries made on that day.
Note: The name of 'Manage Register' menu, is as per the name of the register.
Example: If you have multiple registers in your center and you have logged into
the register by name: ‘Register Front Office’ then the menu appears as 'Manage Register Front Office'.
3. Click Add Cash.
4. In the Manage Cash window:
a. Amount: Enter the cash amount being added to the register.
b. Notes: Enter details about the cash, such as, the purpose of the cash brought
in for the day and source.
Example: If you have withdrawn $1000 from bank to pay employee tips for the
day, make an ‘Add Cash’ entry of the Amount $1000 in register and, mention
that the cash is drawn from bank to pay tips to employees as Notes.
c. Click Add.
Zenoti shows a confirmation message: 'Cash added successfully'.
You can do any of the following after completing the transaction:
- Make another ‘Cash in’ entry,
- Click Back to go to the list view, or
- Close the window by clicking X to the top right corner of the pop-up window.
The cash added to the register is added as a 'Cash in' entry to the list view, along with the time of entry. The amount paid out is shown in a positive value to indicate a credit to the register.
Close the Manage Cash window.
Are you unable to add cash in a register?
- Who can Add Cash: Users with role permissions to ‘Add Cash' (Organization level > Security Roles > Select a Role > Permissions tab > Administrator toggle > Add Cash checkbox selected) can ‘add cash to the register’.
- Supported Scheduler Versions to Add Cash to Register: Add Cash to Register is supported in scheduler versions: V2 and V3. Center managers must contact Zenoti Support to change their scheduler version to use the feature.
Organization setting: If the setting "Block taking payments if register is not closed the previous day" is enabled, then, you will not be able to add cash for the current day until previous day’s register is closed. Close the previous day’s register and then add cash for the current day.
Notes: The checkbox “Block taking payments if register is not closed the previous day” is available under Organization level > Admin > Organization > Organizations > Settings > Invoice and Receipt > Invoice Settings.
Delete a Cash Entry
If you have made any incorrect cash entries in the register then, you can delete them using the Delete option.
Important: You can delete a cash entry only before closing the register for the day.
To Delete a Cash Entry:
- Click the Delete icon corresponding to the cash entered. On clicking 'Delete' a confirmation message appears. Zenoti deletes the cash entry.
- Close the Manage Cash window.
Important: Ensure not to add any cash manually to the register, corresponding to the deleted entry. Else, cash calculations cannot be reconciled at the end of day.
Are you unable to delete cash in a register?
Who can Delete Cash: Users with role permissions to ‘Add Cash’ can delete only 'Cash Added' entries from the list view.
Users with ability to 'Add Cash', 'Payout Cash', and 'Remove Cash' can delete the corresponding entries from the register.
Notes: The permissions are set at Organization level > Security Roles > Select a Role > Permissions tab > Administrator toggle > Cash Management check-boxes (Add Cash, Payout Cash, and Transfer Cash).
- Register closed: If the register is closed for the day, you will not be able to delete the cash entry from the register.
When you close the register for the day, the Close Payments screen shows the total cash added between last register closure and current time (excluding the deleted cash entries, if any) as ‘Cash Added’ under the Expected Amounts.
The Total cash calculated and shown in the Close Payments window (the screenshot below) is equal to (Cash Collected + Cash Added) - (Cash Paid Out + Cash Transferred + To Petty Cash).
Cash in Register shows the ‘added cash’ along with petty cash and cash collections for the day.
You can reconcile and close the register for the day as usual.
Register closure email
The email sent after closing the register for the day shows the total cash added on that day.