Before you begin
When you are refunding an online credit card payment, you must be aware of the following:
- You cannot refund an amount exceeding the amount paid by the guest using the credit card
- You cannot refund the purchase of a gift card
- You can choose to refund an online card payment through cash, prepaid card, or custom payment
To refund an online credit card payment of a closed invoice
1. Open the invoice.
2. Select I want to > Refund Invoice.
The Refund Invoice page opens.
3. Select the sale item you want to refund and enter the refund amount (either partial or the complete amount).
4. Click Select Refund Mode.
The Payment Methods page appears and displays the payment methods used to purchase the items.
5. Based on the guest's preference, enter the amount to refund as follows:
- Refund the entire amount to the credit card:
Enter the entire amount to refund in the Credit Card field.
- Refund a partial amount to the credit card and the balance amount by means of cash, custom payment, gift card (if used as a payment method to purchase the item), or issue a prepaid card for the amount.
6. Click Refund.
The invoice opens with the refund details.
7. Click Close & Print to close the invoice.