Connect is a two-way messaging feature that allows your employees to do the following from a single window:
- View conversation history
- Send new text messages or respond to a guest's text message
- You must have Connect enabled for your center.
Note: Connect is not available to all and requires providers in your region to support two-way messaging. For availability and pricing, contact Zenoti Support.
- Text messaging must be enabled for your center.
Permissions to Access Connect
Connect is available only to users whose role has the Allow to text guests permission enabled.
To verify or enable Allow to text guests permission for an employee
- At the organization level, navigate to Admin > Organization >Security Roles > User role.
Note: If you do not see Security Roles while logged in as an owner, contact Zenoti Support.
- Click Permissions tab.
- Expand Guest Manager.
- In the Guests section, select the Allow to text guests checkbox.
Users with the configured role will now see Connect icon in the Appointment Book.
Working with Connect
To launch Connect, click the Connect icon in the Appointment Book.
Connect consists of two panes and a search bar:
Search Bar: Use the search bar to search for the guest you want to send the text messages to.
Important: You can only search for guests who belong to your center or have received a message from your center. You cannot search for guests who belong to other centers.
- Left Pane: Lists all guests who have received transactional messages from your center. If you select a guest from this list, the right pane displays the conversation history.
Right Pane: Displays all the transactional and direct messages with the selected guest. This pane also has a messaging box that you can use to enter the text message to be sent to the guest.
The right pane consists of the following:
- Guest Name: Displays the name of the guest that you are communicating with.
- Link to profile: Icon that opens guest profile (when clicked)
- Message Box: A text area that you can enter your message in and a button to
send the message.
I am unable to send text messages to a guest.
You will not be able to send text messages to a guest if:
- The guest opts out of receiving transactional text messages
- There is no mobile number associated with the guest
The search results do not show the guest I am looking for.
Using Connect, you can only search for guests who belong to your center or have received a message from your center. You cannot search or message guests who belong to other centers.
Does Connect display all messages sent to the guest?
No. Connect does not display the following:
- Marketing messages
- One time password (OTP)
- Forgot Password text
Connect displays only direct or transactional messages sent to the guest.
If a guest replies to an appointment confirmation message, will it show up in conversation history?
Yes. If a guest replies with the appointment confirmation text, it will show up in the conversation history. Learn more about appointment confirmation text here.
Example: If you set the appointment confirmation text as Yes, and if a guest replies Yes to an appointment confirmation message, the reply Yes shows up in the conversation history.
Note: When a guest replies with a confirmation, Connect, by default, marks the reply as Read. Any reply other than the confirmation text, shows up as unread.
If a guest replies to marketing messages, will it show up in conversation history?
Yes. If a guest replies to a marketing message, it will show up in the conversation history.
Note: You can only see the guest's reply to a marketing message. Connect does not show the marketing message in the conversation history.