Sometimes while processing a payment, you might select an incorrect payment type in an invoice. As long as the invoice is still open, you can change the payment type. However, if the invoice is locked or closed, you will need necessary role permissions to change the payment type.
- You cannot change the payment type in any invoice (open, closed, or locked) if your center is configured to receive payments via payment processors such as Zenoti Payments, Moneris, WorldPay (Admin > Center > Payments > Processors).
- If your center is not configured with any payment processor, role permissions will be required to change the payment type in the closed and locked invoices.
- You do not require any role permissions to change the payment type in open invoices.
Assign Role Permissions to Change the Payment Type
Users with Administrator role in Zenoti can give role permissions to change the payment type in invoices.
To give role permissions
- At the organization level, navigate to Admin > Organization > Security Roles.
The Manage Security Roles page appears.
- Go to the Permissions tab.
- Scroll down the page and expand the Appointment Book toggle.
- Select the PaymentTypeChange checkbox.
- Click Save.
Employees with the employee role you just gave permissions to, can
change the payment type in the closed and locked invoices.
The table below helps you understand the effect of the settings on employee roles, for a center that is not configured with any payment processor:
If an employee works in 2 centers and they have a role to change the payment type in one of the centers and not in the other, can they modify the payment type?
The employee can modify the payment type in any invoice belonging to the center in which they have role permission. In the other center where they do not have role permission, they can modify payment type in open and reopened invoices only.