Important: The buddy category association is directional. As in, if hair color is assigned as the buddy category of haircut, it does not imply that haircut is a buddy category of hair color. So, to book a reduced duration of an appointment for haircut and hair color, haircut must be the first service in the appointment.
- Select Admin > Categories > Services.
- Select the service category or subcategory to which you want to assign a buddy category.
Tip: Identify services that can have common segments, and then select them for assigning buddy categories. Example: haircut and hair color.
Learn how to define service segments
- Select the Buddy Category tab.
- In the Category Type field, select the type of the buddy category: Category or Subcategory.
- In the Category Name field, specify the name of the service category or subcategory that you want to assign as the buddy category.
- Click Add.
The assigned buddy category appears in the bottom panel.
When you book two back-to-back services in the Appointment Book, Zenoti checks if the second service is a buddy category of the first, and if both the services have finishing time segments. If yes, it reduces the appointment’s total duration by combining the finishing time segments and marks the associated service provider as available for the time saved. See the following images for reference.
Typical appointment duration of haircut and color:
Reduced appointment duration after assigning hair color as the buddy category of haircut, with common finishing time segments:
However, if hair color was the first service booked in the appointment, no reduction takes place, since the buddy category association is directional.